Coxhoe Parish Council is financially healthy. It has strong financial management processes in place and full council monitors budget expenditure and income on a monthly basis. As a result you can be assured that we are taking great care in how we spend the money we earn, particularly from the council tax precept.
We seek to achieve value for money. We have undertaken a number of value for money reviews on items of our spending over the years and improved quality or made savings as result. All Parish Councillors have chosen not to receive any financial allowance to undertake their duties (despite the fact that it is legally possible to do so) and as a result it can prove that Members objectives are being driven by their commitment to Coxhoe and Quarrington Hill. We are committed to looking after our assets.
To back that up we have high standards in terms of things such as procedures, standards of conduct, customer care and management of risks. We feel therefore, that we have effective corporate governance.
We feel that our internal and external audit reports show that our auditors agree with us.
You can access our most recent financial information, copies of audits reports and our asset register from the links below.
Notice of conclusion of the audit. Annual Return for the year ended 31 March 2019
We are publishing our notice of conclusion of out Annual Audit under Section 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015
Our community is advised that he audit of accounts for the Council for the year ended 31 March 2019 has been concluded.
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return is available for inspection by any local government elector of the area of the Council by appointment from Mondays to Thursdays from 9.30 to 4.00 on application to C Llewelyn, Parish Clerk, Coxhoe Village Hall, Front Street East, Coxhoe, Durham, DH6 4LF. You can contact Claire on 0191 3773658 or 07988 283287. She is also available by email at
email@example.com. Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of £0.72 for each copy of the Annual Return plus second class postage.
This announcement is made by Claire Llewelyn, Parish Clerk.
Date of announcement: 21 August 2019.
Financial Information and Audit Reports for 2019 to 2020
The Precept amount for the year 2019 to 2020 is £123,336. The tax base is 1296.30 households. This equates to a Band D Council Tax of £95.14, and increase of 14.3% on the previous year or £11.90 cost per annum for a Band D household.
Financial Information and Audit Reports for 2018 to 2019
- Annual Return Internal Audit Completion 2018 to 2019
- Annual Return Section 1 Annual Governance Statement 2018 to 2019
- Annual Return Section 2 Annual Accounting Statement 2018 to 2019
The Annual Return and supporting documents for the year ending 31st March 2019 which are published on this website are unaudited until such time as they are approved by the Council’s external auditors:
Mazars LLP, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
Financial Information and Audit Reports for 2017-18
Financial Information and Audit Reports for 2016-17
Information to be updated as soon as possible.
- November 2017: External Auditors Report 2016 to 2017
- November 2017: Coxhoe Parish Council Annual Return 2016 to 2017
Financial Information and Audit Reports for 2015 to 2016
- July 2016: External Audit Report Awaiting preparation
- July 2016: Coxhoe Parish Council Internal Audit Report April 2016
- June 2016: 2015-2016 Anticipated Outturn and Precept Calculation for 2016 to 2017
- May 2016: Coxhoe Parish Council Annual Return 31 March 2016
- May 2016: Statement of Accounts and Bank Reconciliation 2015 to 2016
- TBA: 4 Year Financial Forecast Awaiting preparation
Financial Information and Audit Reports for 2014 to 2015
- July 2015: External Auditor Report 2014 to 2015
- July 2015: Internal Audit Report 2014 to 2015
- May 2015: Annual Return 2014-2015
- May 2015: Statement of Accounts and Bank Reconciliation 2014 to 2015
- April 2015: Coxhoe Parish Council 3 Year Financial Forecast November 2015
- April 2015: Coxhoe Parish Council 4 Year Financial Forecast
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.