The Parish Council started work on Parish Plan 3 (PP3). It is currently on hold while a Neighbourhood Plan is developed.
For PP3, the Parish Council held two initial community engagement events in May 2019. The purpose of the events was to launch the plan preparation. We hoped that we could find out:
- what are the issues that people feel the Parish Council ought be tackling over the next five years;
- what ideas people have about how issues can be tackled, and
- what ideas people have of how we can get people involved.
There were initially two events. The first was aimed at engaging Quarrington Hill people. It took place on Saturday 11 May 2019 at Quarrington Hill Community Centre. Everyone was welcome, following a leaflet drop to all households and we encouraged a good turn out. It was initially your chance to air your views. While there was a low turnout to the event, it proved very positive because issues were aired and volunteers to join a Steering Group came forward.
The second event, aimed a those who live and work in Coxhoe, took place at Coxhoe Village Hall on 18 May 2019 between 10.30 am and 11.30 am. Despite the weather we had about 30 people present where residents engaged with Councillors to put ideas forward.
We will determine how we progress once we have considered the results of the events.. However we will be hoping to get volunteers on board to set up a Steering Group. We would hope to hold further events to test out views on local issues while undertaking surveys where appropriate. Details of events and progress will be available here, on noticeboards in the village and published in The Chronicle where possible.
The next two meetings were due to be held as follows:
- Thursday 26 March, between 6.30 pm to 8.00 pm at Coxhoe Village Hall, and
- Saturday 4 April from 10.30 am to 12.00 pm at Quarrington Hill Community Centre
These meetings were to:
- begin the parish planning process
- understand community expectations
- be clear about what the Parish Council may be able to achieve
- find out who would like to join the working party
- decide who can help with surveys and other things, and
- how we can engage other people to become involved.
The meeting would have explained the process and the role of the working group and about parish planning. They will help everyone to think about the timeline and how we want the plan to look.
However, due to the coronavirus situation, these were cancelled. We will rearrange them in due course when parish planning begins again and as the pandemic allows.
We need people to come along to our events and participate in the development of the Plan. Remember it’s Your Village, Your Future, Your Say.