Get ready for the sights and sounds of the fireworks in Coxhoe on Sunday 6 November 2022, in Coxhoe Park.
Gates open at 4.00pm, with face painting, music, rides and catering, and the firework display will be between 6.30pm and 6.45pm.
Wristbands will be on sale from 1 October to 15 October for Coxhoe Parish residents only (please bring an official letter to show your postcode), and then on sale to everyone from 15 October.
They can be bought at the Active Life Centre during opening hours, and from Quarrington Hill Community Centre on Wednesdays between 7.30 and 9.00pm throughout October and the first week in November.
Everyone of any age needs a wristband to enter the event and the cost is £1.00 each.
There will be a road closure on Lansdowne Road from 3.30pm until 6.45pm. As in previous years, a permit will be delivered to affected properties so that people can access them should they need to.
Everyone is asked to walk to the event if possible, to avoid parking problems in the village.
Donations will be collected to help with future events.
We know that fireworks can be unsettling for pets. Coxhoe Parish Council hopes that holding an organised display at a particular time will help to cut down on fireworks being set off at other times. Stray Aid, a local charity dedicated to the welfare of stray, neglected and abandoned dogs, and unwanted cats, has kindly provided information about fear of fireworks in pets and how you can help your pets be safe during fireworks.
Terms and Conditions of sale of wristbands for the Fireworks Display are set out below:
1. One orange wristband purchased entitles one person to be admitted to the fireworks display. The purchase of a wristband constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions by the purchaser and those for whom the wristbands are purchased.
2. Terms and conditions may be updated by Coxhoe Parish Council at any time and will be updated on this website.
3. The Parish Council is not responsible for any lost, stolen or destroyed wristbands.
4. If the event had to be cancelled, you are entitled to a refund and would need to request that either from the location at which you bought your wristband or by contacting Parish Council officers. Refunds would be available until 1 December 2022. Any money not claimed would be used by the Parish Council for future events. Any cancellation would be advertised as soon as reasonably possible on the Parish Council website and/or at the event location and/or on social media.
5. Tickets will not be refunded if an alternative date is proposed. If part of the event is cancelled, the Parish Council may refund none, some or all of the wristband price at its discretion.
6. Tickets must not be sold for commercial gain.
7. Photographs and videos may be taken at the event and used for publicity purposes and those buying wristbands are deemed to have consented for photographs to be used.
8. Please take care of your personal property at the event as the Parish Council cannot be held liable for any lost or damaged property. This is an outdoor event in the dark; please dress for the weather and take care on the field.
9. You must comply with all instructions given to you by the Parish Council or their agents, for example: no alcohol is allowed at the event; no dogs are allowed and no personal fireworks are allowed. Any confiscated items will be destroyed.
10. The Parish Council will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property however caused, in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care by the parish Council or its agents, or where such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable as a result of any breach.
11. If you have any legitimate complaint about the event you must contact the Parish Council within 28 calendar days of the event.
12. Information gathered will be held in accordance with the Parish Council’s Privacy Notice and those of its partners who assist with organising and delivering the event.
We look forward to seeing you there!